One of the things I feel disappointed in myself for this past year is the severe lack of art produced. I used to churn out work after work, rain or shine, but with the long hours of a high-stress job, I never seemed to find the time or the energy to draw, to write, or even to read. But with this new year, comes a new, better job that will allow me to still have time (and money) for life and its inspirations and thus in companion, some new goals and projects I would like to tackle in 2015.
- Redecorating. Despite going so far as to even take time off to allow for room renovations, this was something that still was never finished and I'm looking forward to be able to make new space, rework some old pieces of furniture into a new scheme, and to try out some new organizational tricks.
- Comics and illustration. One of my favorite forms of writing is short stories, and combined with my love and inspiration of the pictures from old, old fairy tale books becomes something I've been planning for some time in illustrating some of my own stories. Also in this area is the desire to put out more of my comics and cartoons. :)
- Self-Study Curriculum. With my experiences as a tutor and a learning coach came the realization of my love for teaching, and a desire to share ideas and tools for others in writing, homeschooling, etc., and I would like to make more resources available to those interested.
- Tutorials. This is largely by request, but also something in my "Would-Like-To-Do" book: video tutorials for crochet and advice for new artists.
- Consistency and Outreach. Though there is a lack in actual viewers and readers of my blog, this doesn't discourage me in keeping it open; it's become true to it's name of being my "Literary Therapy" and has helped me push through many personal obstacles as well as gain a sense of pride for the enormous amount of work I've put into it. I would like to take this a step further by posting more frequently, with a schedule, as well as open up into more content.
There are many, many more, but it would take too much time to list. With 2015 comes both new obstacles and opportunities, and here's to the hope and prayer that everyone overcomes the bad and achieves a greater good!
Happy new year,