Snackage Level: Lunch/Dinner
Difficulty: 3.5 stars
Time: Approx. 30 minutes
Amount: Enough to feed a family of 6.
3 medium-sized Frozen Chicken Breasts
1½ c. fresh, whole Green Beans
1 pkg. (16 oz.) fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
1 Sweet Onion, finely chopped
1 can (10.5 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup, condensed
Parsley, dried flakes or fresh, finely chopped
Optional: 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Steamfresh Lightly Sauced Roasted Red Potatoes with Chive Butter Sauce
1. Prepare potatoes. Fill a medium pot halfway with water, add a pinch of salt, cover with a lid and bring water to boil on medium to high heat. Wash potatoes and cut into approx. one-inch pieces, leaving skin on, and parboil (boil until potatoes are soft enough to push a knife through with little resistance, but not soft enough that they are completely done). Drain and let steam in colander*.
*By doing this, they cook the rest of the way; the result is that they aren’t super mushy from over-boiling.
Optional: If using the Steamfresh potatoes, you’ll want to begin them separately in a skillet until they are no longer frozen and them add them in with the rest of the potatoes when you begin sautéing—using these aren’t necessary, as they are the same potatoes, unless you want that little amount of chive butter sauce added in.
2. Prepare chicken. While potatoes are boiling, prepare chicken in a medium skillet filled halfway with water. Coat each breast in Worchestershire and Soy Sauce, add half of the onion, chopped finely, and add your preferred amount of dill weed, oregano, and garlic (this last should be in the very smallest amounts). Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat. When it is cooked enough that it isn’t frozen, but not yet done, remove and cut each breast into approx. 1-inch chunks, replace in pan, cover, and allow to cook completely.
3. Prepare vegetables. While chicken and potatoes are cooking, wash mushrooms and then cut into half-slices (or, your preferred size). Set aside. Finely chop the remaining half of the sweet onion and set aside. Wash green beans (if necessary), leave whole or cut in half, if desired, and set aside.
4. Sauté potatoes. In a large skillet or wok, pour approx. ½ cup olive oil in a circular motion. Add black pepper, thyme, and parsley (dried or fresh, finely chopped) in a circular motion over the oil—each of these should moderately coat the top, except the pepper, which should be light. Mix the seasonings evenly with the oil and turn heat to low-medium. When heated, add prepared potatoes, stirring them so that they are all evenly coated as they cook.
5. Add remaining ingredients. Let the potatoes cook into the oil for a bit and then add in the green beans, mushrooms, remaining onion, and prepared chicken. Mix everything evenly and cook until mushrooms, beans, and onion have heated to the same temperature as the chicken and potatoes. Switch to low heat and add the cream of mushroom soup. Stir until everything is evenly coated, let simmer just long enough for it to set into the mixture, and then remove from heat. Cool slightly and serve.
Post a Comment