But I was never most kids.
What my violently-shy self looked forward to most in summer was a packet of stapled paper that most probably threw away: the summer reading list. With tons of titles I'd never heard of, as well as some I had, my heart would always race excitedly at the thought of going to the library and seeking out all these potentially wonderful titles.
(From this, one might easily guess how I reacted to book fair pamphlets.)
Though I never made it through all those books in one summer (many were not available in the public library), I held onto the list throughout the years and added to it as I got older. If I saw advertisements in the back of a novel for others by the same author, I'd add them to the list. If a friend enthused about a book and encouraged me to read it, I'd write that one down as well. As I got into blogging and reviewing books, I found that I could slowly check this list off, one by one by sharing my thoughts on each.
In August 2015, I decided to share this "Book Waiting List" so followers can see what my plans for future reviews are, as well as share their own thoughts and reviews on these books, help others access hard-to-find books, and suggest their own favorites for review!
KEY | Book Obtained | Reading In Progress | Unable to Obtain Copy of Book |
- Betwixt, Tara Bray Smith
- Midnight Never Come, Marie Brennan
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, Joanne Greenberg
- Boy2Girl, Terence Blacker
- Dying in Duplicate, Carole Coplea
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas
- Montmorency: Thief, Liar, and Gentleman?, Elanor Updale
- Flipped, Wendelin Van Draaner
- Homeless Bird, Gloria Whelan
- Blue Fingers: A Ninja's Tale, Cheryl Aylward Whitesel
- Hush, Jacqeline Woodson
- What I Cal Life, Jill Wolfson
- Down the Rabbit Hole: An Echo Falls Mystery, Peter Abrahams
- Tangerine, Edward Bloor
- The Wish List, Eoin Colfer
- Once Upon a Ma, Jean Ferris
- Hitler's Daughter, Jackie French
- The Silent Storm, Sherry Garland
- Bird, Angela Johnson
- Buddha Boy, Kathe Koja
- No More Dead Dogs, Gordon Korman
- Ties That Bind Ties That Break, Lensey Namioka
- The Rag Nymph, Catherine Cookson
Escape from Furnace (series), Alexander Gordon Smith
- Goodbye, Paper Doll, Anne Snyder
Post a Comment