Each Daily Writing Prompt will list several words which must be used within a story of 500-1,000 words. The word in parenthesis beside each dictates how it must be used within the story. If there is an asterisk instead of a word, that means you can choose how to interpret the word.
- Sat. 1: --
- Sun. 2: --
- Mon. 3: --
- Tue. 4: --
- Wed. 5: --
- Thu. 6: placebo (theme), dictionary (object), smile (*), barter (action or event), cable (*).
- Fri. 7: brown (color), jar (metaphor), proposition (plot), lost and found (*), emergency (event).
- Sat. 8: a broken object (*), meeting (action), "the sky was empty" (exact phrase), grandfather clock (object).
- Sun. 9: betrayal (minor event), a locked door (*), illusion (theme), blue ink (*).
- Mon. 10: unopened mail (exact phrase), courage (*), annoyance (action), photograph (*).
- Tue. 11: juxtaposition (*), figurines on a shelf (scene or significant object), a phone call (event), power outage (event).
- Wed. 12: one yard (measurement), silver (description), headache (*), winter (setting).
- Thu. 13: garden (plot), gravel (significant object), problem child (*), fantasy (*), sky blue (color).
- Fri. 14: weak (attribute), forgiveness (event or action), mineral (*), incense (simile), improvisation (*).
- Sat. 15: best day ever (plot), shock (action), crumpled (description), fuzzy (description).
- Sun. 16: camera (object), laundry (*), a written note (action), late (*), cloudy (setting).
- Mon. 17: tomorrow (significant *), music (*), cousin (person), ocean (setting).
- Tue. 18: cold (setting), spring (setting), disappointment (theme), vivid (description).
- Wed. 19: "when the time is right" (exact phrase or theme), post office (place), belt (object), wings (*).
- Thu. 20: "Too late" (plot or theme), wary (action), patterned (description), crowded (setting).
- Fri. 21: child (person), four o' clock (setting), small box (object), autumn (setting), pretend (*).
- Sat. 22: neighborhood stray (*), tape (significant object), "the one left behind" (exact phrase).
- Sun. 23: billboard (object), chocolate (description), visit (event), a hole in the ground (*).
- Mon. 24: "reap what you sow" (theme), dove grey (color), marble (description), lightning (*).
- Tue. 25: "the last day" (plot), sand (setting), angelic (description), interrupted (*).
- Wed. 26: stress (*), pine trees (setting), marathon (metaphor), notebook (object).
- Thu. 27: "in the wrong" (plot), "turning up like a bad penny" (exact phrase), sale (*), anxiety (attribute).
- Fri. 28: "rewarding experience" (*), zebra striped (description), walnut (object), process (*).
- Sat. 29: fence (*), conflict (event), interview (*), brother (person), pet (*).
- Sun. 30: mug shot (exact phrase), horrified (action), tumultuous (*), parallel (*).
Look familiar? You may recognize these prompts from the late blog, Literary Ninjas, and DeviantART literature group, Writing-For-Fun. With my choice to close both, I still wanted to make the prompts available to those interested, and thus they will be posted here on Sleepy Hollow Street.
Post a Comment